Summer Skin

5 comments
Ambre Solaire After Sun Soothing Lotion 400ml | NSPA Cherry Fragrance Body Mist |  Botanics All Bright Radiance Balm 50m | Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask | Ambre Solaire Sensitive Lotion SPF50+ 200ml | Palmer's® Cocoa Butter Formula® Rapid Moisture Spray Lotion 200ml |
Being the abysmally lazy person that I am, for 90% of the year, my 'Skin Care Routine' is non-existent. However for the few sparse moments of summer that England experiences,  I decide to take interest in my skin and actually take care of it.
 I like my skin to feel as glorious as the weather. 
So below I thought I would share with you some of the products that I use and love. 
This is a big deal as in general I feel skin products are overrated and overused (shock! horror! worst blogger/female ever! I know) yet these products have made it into my routine.

 Botanics All Bright Radiance Balm 50ml
So this little gem I picked  up about a month ago after my previous moisturiser finally ran out and has been a pleasure to use. In general I don't use moisturiser unless my skin is looking particularly dry or I am about to put on heavy make up for a wedding or party but since I have purchased this I have been using moisturiser more regularly (although I use moisturiser more in summer anyway). The consistancy is light which I like and has a firming feel on my skin (not sure if thats the right word) and doesn't leave much residue what I hate about most moisturisers. It claims to be a brightening balm and although I see a slight sheen after I have applied I am not sure if it does actually brighten my skin.
Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask 100ml

I am a bit disappointed in myself due to the fact that I saw this product in boots and impulse bought it after seeing lots of blog posts and despite its rather expensive price of £23 I still felt the need to buy it. However I am by no means disappointed by the product. Firstly it smells divine, sort of like Rio tropical cans but even fruitier and more delicious. I also on the occasion experience dry skin, especially around my forehead area which was why I selected this origins product and after using it for three nights my skin is noticeably less dry. I have however simultaneously stopped using a concealer that was drying my skin out so not sure how much that would have made an impact as well. I find the term 'mask' a little bit deceiving as it's more of a thick cream than a mask and I find it hard to resist the temptation of rubbing it in. I only plan to use this product when my skin gets particularly dry as I find using a product that isn't needed creates more problems.

Palmer's® Cocoa Butter Formula® Rapid Moisture Spray Lotion 200ml
 Summer àSunàMore flesh out à More Shaving required!
Although I am having laser hair surgery, I still have to shave every so often and when I do my skin is prone to irritation where it gets bumpy and itchy and therefore need some form of relief. Currently I am using this spray moisturiser which I like as I am able to get a more even distribution without over applying the product. It is affective as reducing the irritation although I wouldn't necessarily call it 'deep moisture'. It is however 'fast absorbing' and 'non-greasy' like it says and leaves my legs feeling moisturised but not sticky or over creamed which is good. I am unsure how I feel about the smell of the product, sometimes I love it and sometimes I feel as though I would prefer a fruitier smelling cream in summer but that's just me!

Ambre Solaire After Sun Soothing Lotion 400ml | Ambre Solaire Sensitive Lotion SPF50+ 200ml

Due to the fact I'll soon be enjoying the 40°C heat of Sharm el-Sheikh I thought it would be wise to top up on some sun protection so that I don't come back looking like crispy and extremely dark. I was going to pick up the standard generic Nivea sun cream but my mum was like "don't you want to try something else" so I decided to giving Garnier ago considering that I love their BB cream and had a 2 for £13 offer on in Boots. I've used the sun cream a few times as Brighton has been decided to be lovely and sunny recently and I actually really love this sun cream. Normally I dread applying sun cream as I find it really sticky, thick and annoying but this has the consistency of a normal cream with a much subtler smell that most sun creams so I don't even feel like I am wearing any! I can't comment much on the after sun yet as I am yet to properly use it but I did apply a little to my leg just now and it is cool with a light consistency and smells nice so it should be good! However I've never used after sun before so it will be a beginners review once I finally do use it!


 NSPA Cherry Fragrance Body Mist 200ml

 Ok so this isn't really a skin care product but I do love this so much especially now its summer. I actually have been using this since the beginning of the year and also have one in my car in raspberry. I picked it up whilst doing my grocery shopping in Asda due to the fact that it was only £3 which I think is cheap and smelt so fruity, which you may have gathered, is a weakness of mine. I love body mists as they are so refreshing and don't make me cough like aerosols do. They also cool down my skin in the summery months which makes this product very addictive! This product is exclusive to Asda if you were wondering where you could purchase it.

I noticed most of the links I have included are for Boots, which is  just where I happened to purchase all these products. Thought I'd throw a disclaimer in here in case this blog becomes popular :)

withloveAmrit

"In polite society, a well-maintained skincare routine is one of life's great successes - violet grey"

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

5 comments:

  1. I suffer with itchy legs too after shaving so that spray sounds so handy! I hate faffing about with creams so a spray sounds a lot more appealing!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Another skincare (shall we say) skeptic! My biggest issue is that so many sources will tell you that you need a billion dollars worth of product and endless amounts of time to dedicate to your routine which is soo silly to me! That said, it is always nice to find a few products that are beneficial to you and that you enjoy, which I am glad you did! It makes the process more likely to happen!

    By the way, I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award here: http://orchidsandtea.blogspot.com/2015/06/whoops-i-lied-im-back-before-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely product selection I'm really lazy too when it comes to body skin care!
    I'd love to try out the botanics radiance balm!

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a skincare addict, so not having a dedicated skincare routine would make me all uncomfortable.
    But each to their own, back in my twenties I didnt see the need for it either...

    LindaLibraLoca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing this post!
    I have to try out Origins' Drink Up mask, it sounds brilliant and just what my skin could need! :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow